Privacy and Data Security Considerations in Technology Transactions
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify key privacy and data security considerations relevant to technology transactions;
- Articulate the legal principles underlying privacy and data security laws, including individuals’ rights to privacy and entities’ obligations to protect personal data;
- Develop awareness of rapidly evolving federal, state, and international privacy and data security laws governing technology transactions, and the types of personal data processing activities they regulate, including collection, use, and disclosure;
- Summarize practical aspects involved in complying with privacy and data security laws relevant to technology transactions, and possible consequences for failing to comply; and
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations regarding common privacy and data security provisions in technology agreements.
Participants will be asked to review and propose revisions to a DPA from 2018 (i.e. that preceded the implementation of the GDPR and the CCPA) to ensure it adequately protects the client in compliance with recent privacy and data security regulations. Students will be asked to identify and explain: (1) the relevant provision(s); (2) any revisions, deletions, or additions the participant would make to the identified provisions; (3) any additional information needed to fully respond; and (4) any other conforming edits or additional documents needed to ensure the client is adequately protected.
The AltaClaro Difference
Effective Learning with ROI--Backed by Education Science
Step 1: Learn
Learn at your own pace, absorbing lessons in short, easily digested segments led by experienced practitioners.
Step 2: Do
Apply what you've learned to solve real-world client scenarios, using transaction documents derived from actual deals.
Step 3: Review
Deepen your learning in virtual review sessions with an experienced practitioner. Review model answers and ask questions.
Instructors Who Practice What They Teach
x-Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
x-White & Case; x-Orrick
x-Baker McKenzie; x-White & Case
Global Head of Tech Transactions, Uber; x-Disney; x-O’Melveny; x-Weil Gotshal
Head of Experiential Learning, AltaClaro; x-Akin Gump; x-Clifford Chance
x-Sidley; x-Allen & Overy
x-Weil Gotshal; x-Cadwalader
x-Baker McKenzie, x-Morrison & Foerster
Partner, Waldrep Wall
Find Out More
Interested in this Class?
Our master classes are delivered in an experiential "bootcamp" framework. Students participate in small cohorts that go through the learning materials, assignments, and live review sessions together with experienced practitioner-instructors.
We serve law firms of all sizes, universities, individual professionals, and groups of professionals (in-house departments, networks, and associations). Find out more about how we can help you.