Managing Closings in Loan Transactions
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the typical stages of a lending transaction and how those stages vary depending upon the parties to and type of lending transaction.
- Describe the topics of due diligence and the process for conducting due diligence in a typical lending transaction, including how to order and review lien search reports.
- Articulate the typical closing obligations and responsibilities of the various parties and recognize the types of ancillary documents typically required in lending transactions.
- Understand the role of a junior attorney in a lending transaction, specifically the responsibilities of a junior associate in the closing and post-closing stages.
- Complete a closing checklist.
Students are presented with a banking client that has approved a borrower for a proposed credit facility consisting of a term loan and a revolving loan facility. Students are asked to prepare a closing checklist for the new deal, based on the term sheet and sample checklist provided.
The AltaClaro Difference
Effective Learning with ROI--Backed by Education Science
Step 1: Learn
Learn at your own pace, absorbing lessons in short, easily digested segments led by experienced practitioners.
Step 2: Do
Apply what you've learned to solve real-world client scenarios, using transaction documents derived from actual deals.
Step 3: Review
Deepen your learning in virtual review sessions with an experienced practitioner. Review model answers and ask questions.
Instructors Who Practice What They Teach
x-Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
x-White & Case; x-Orrick
x-Baker McKenzie; x-White & Case
Global Head of Tech Transactions, Uber; x-Disney; x-O’Melveny; x-Weil Gotshal
Head of Experiential Learning, AltaClaro; x-Akin Gump; x-Clifford Chance
x-Sidley; x-Allen & Overy
x-Weil Gotshal; x-Cadwalader
x-Baker McKenzie, x-Morrison & Foerster
Partner, Waldrep Wall
Find Out More
Interested in this Class?
Our master classes are delivered in an experiential "bootcamp" framework. Students participate in small cohorts that go through the learning materials, assignments, and live review sessions together with experienced practitioner-instructors.
We serve law firms of all sizes, universities, individual professionals, and groups of professionals (in-house departments, networks, and associations). Find out more about how we can help you.