Drafting and Negotiating Credit Agreements for Lending Transactions
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the central role of the credit agreement as the basic roadmap for the lender-borrower relationship;
- Understand the sections of a credit agreement;
- Be familiar with certain terms often negotiated in a credit agreement and typical comments to a credit agreement made by the borrower, the lender and their respective counsels;
- Understand how the parties may change the credit agreement over time via amendments and the role of a junior attorney in drafting and revising the credit agreement, exhibits, and amendments;
- Incorporate terms from a term sheet into a draft amended and restated credit agreement.
The AltaClaro Difference
Effective Learning with ROI--Backed by Education Science
Step 1: Learn
Learn at your own pace, absorbing lessons in short, easily digested segments led by experienced practitioners.
Step 2: Do
Apply what you've learned to solve real-world client scenarios, using transaction documents derived from actual deals.
Step 3: Review
Deepen your learning in virtual review sessions with an experienced practitioner. Review model answers and ask questions.
Instructors Who Practice What They Teach
x-Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
x-White & Case; x-Orrick
x-Baker McKenzie; x-White & Case
Global Head of Tech Transactions, Uber; x-Disney; x-O’Melveny; x-Weil Gotshal
Head of Experiential Learning, AltaClaro; x-Akin Gump; x-Clifford Chance
x-Sidley; x-Allen & Overy
x-Weil Gotshal; x-Cadwalader
x-Baker McKenzie, x-Morrison & Foerster
Partner, Waldrep Wall
Find Out More
Interested in this Class?
Our master classes are delivered in an experiential "bootcamp" framework. Students participate in small cohorts that go through the learning materials, assignments, and live review sessions together with experienced practitioner-instructors.
We serve law firms of all sizes, universities, individual professionals, and groups of professionals (in-house departments, networks, and associations). Find out more about how we can help you.