Real Estate Due Diligence
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand why due diligence in real estate is important.
- Understand the ways in which the scope of due diligence varies depending on the particular property type and motivations of the purchaser.
- Identify unique due diligence considerations in real estate transactions.
- Understand specific types of documents common to real estate transactions and the specific types of provisions therein in connection with providing competent due diligence counsel.
- Prepare a title and survey objection letter.
Students represent the buyer of a commercial property. The client has signed a purchase and sale agreement. The deal team is in the midst of due diligence. Students are asked to (1) review the survey, the title commitment letter, and the title issues memorandum summarizing the analysis of the title commitment, and (2) draft a letter to the seller and the title company listing the title and survey objections.
The AltaClaro Difference
Effective Learning with ROI--Backed by Education Science
Step 1: Learn
Learn at your own pace, absorbing lessons in short, easily digested segments led by experienced practitioners.
Step 2: Do
Apply what you've learned to solve real-world client scenarios, using transaction documents derived from actual deals.
Step 3: Review
Deepen your learning in virtual review sessions with an experienced practitioner. Review model answers and ask questions.
Instructors Who Practice What They Teach
x-Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
x-White & Case; x-Orrick
x-Baker McKenzie; x-White & Case
Global Head of Tech Transactions, Uber; x-Disney; x-O’Melveny; x-Weil Gotshal
Head of Experiential Learning, AltaClaro; x-Akin Gump; x-Clifford Chance
x-Sidley; x-Allen & Overy
x-Weil Gotshal; x-Cadwalader
x-Baker McKenzie, x-Morrison & Foerster
Partner, Waldrep Wall
Find Out More
Interested in this Class?
Our master classes are delivered in an experiential "bootcamp" framework. Students participate in small cohorts that go through the learning materials, assignments, and live review sessions together with experienced practitioner-instructors.
We serve law firms of all sizes, universities, individual professionals, and groups of professionals (in-house departments, networks, and associations). Find out more about how we can help you.